Saturday, September 4, 2010

Introductions

Let me start by saying that when I say "men," I mean simply people who are male and over 18, without reference to age or maturity. I realize that the word "man" can have nuances of meaning beyond my definition, but I'm sticking to the term for the sake of simplicity.


My intentions hereafter are to give a short history of some of the more interesting men I have known, sort of a classification of men, really. I've noticed that (as Agatha Christie put it) "people are much the same anywhere you go," and I'll be highlighting some of those similarities here. Each post will address one type of man with examples from my personal experience. Some of the men I've met defy classification and will get a post all to themselves. Needless to say I won't be using real names.

Some of these are guys I've dated; some are guys I haven't, for a variety of reasons. All of them, though, have touched my life in a variety of ways, and those experiences have stuck with me, even if the men themselves haven't.

I look at this blog as a celebration of the men who have passed into (and out of) my life, although some of them might not think so if they read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment